Social Media Templates
(For the Giving Challenge)
You can use these sample social media posts and suggestions to get the word out to your social networks! You can copy and paste or get creative - just make sure to always include your 2022 Giving Challenge fundraising page link in all of your posts. We also encourage you to tag/link to the social media account for the nonprofit organization you are fundraising for when you insert their organization name.
Sample Posts: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and More!
- [ORGANIZATION NAME] is participating in the 2022 Giving Challenge, a 24-hour giving movement, on April 26 - 27! Join me in supporting [ORGANIZATION NAME] to [OBJECTIVE]. As a fundraising champion for [ORGANIZATION NAME], I have my own fundraising page, so check out this link to donate to my personal fundraiser during the Giving Challenge: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- The Giving Challenge is in less than X days away! My goal is to raise $X for [ORGANIZATION NAME], but I need YOUR help to get here. Make a long lasting contribution here: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- TODAY IS THE DAY! I need your help in supporting [ORGANIZATION NAME] so they can continue to help [THOSE SERVED BY ORGANIZATION]. I am fundraising for [ORGANIZATION NAME] because [IMPACT ORGANIZATION HAS HAD ON YOU]. Please consider making a contribution to my Giving Challenge fundraising page here: [LINK TO FUNDRAISING PAGE]. Your gift will make a huge impact on [THOSE SERVED BY ORGANIZATION]!
- [ORGANIZATION NAME] needs YOU! Join me in supporting their mission to [ORGANIZATION INITIATIVE, briefly]!: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- I am fundraising for [ORGANIZATION NAME] during the #GivingChallenge2022 on April 26 - 27! Check out my page here [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK] to donate and share!
- Thank you to the donors and supporters that have helped me reach X% of my goal! Help me get to 100% #GivingChallenge2022: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- Use your own personal photos to show your support and tell your story, and make sure to use #hashtags in your post!
- Insert the link to your fundraising page in your bio, that way your supporters will be able to navigate to your fundraising page right from Instagram!
Tips & Ideas for Fundraising
- Social Media Challenge: Use social media as a way to interact with others close to the cause and to promote your fundraising efforts. Encourage your friends to share your fundraising page - maybe offer to make a $5 donation in honor of anyone who shares your page or their own story (A great way to encourage participation if you were already going to make some donations).
- Hashtag Challenges: Hashtags are a great way to engage with your network! Use the any hashtags associated with the organization you’re fundraising for to promote their positive impact and to share reasons why being a fundraising champion is important to you.
- Real-Time Thank Yous: During the Giving Challenge and the day after, thank your donors on social media by shooting them an @mention on twitter.
Expand the reach of your Giving Challenge fundraising page by inserting key hashtags into the conversation!
- Giving Challenge Hashtags: Expand the reach of your fundraising page by inserting yourself into the #GivingChallenge2022 & #BeTheOne conversation! Your posts will be searchable by anyone looking to be involved in the four-countywide giving celebration
- Organization Hashtags: Posts with the organization hashtag (and campaign hashtag if they have one) will be searchable by anyone already connected to or looking to be involved in the organization you are fundraising for
- Cause Hashtags: Reach those already passionate about the cause the organization you are fundraising for supports
Utilize the suite of social share image on the Giving Challenge website to make your fundraising posts stand out on social media.
You can also enhance your own personal photos using free online editing resources like Canva. Personalized graphics will highlight your story to make a greater impact when reaching out to friends and family through email and social media. And including the link to your fundraising page, the organization's name, and #GivingChallenge2022 on your image will make the graphic an even more powerful tool for fundraising!